Advanced roast leach flowsheet development achieves exceptional vanadium leach extraction of up to 94.7%
- Pilot scale roast and leach testing confirms the exceptional vanadium extraction achieved during bench scale testing.
- 93.3% average extraction, an 8% relative improvement on the PFS basis.
- Use of well-established Grate Kiln technology demonstrates energy efficiency and adaptability for vanadium roasting.
- Downstream hydrometallurgical pilot program underway to finalise AVL’s processing flowsheet.
- AVL continues to innovate using well known industrial processing techniques, improving on the traditional vanadium salt roast processing techniques as it moves to deliver the Australian Vanadium Project near Meekatharra in Western Australia.
- A key focus driving innovation is AVL’s objective to deliver a bankable feasibility study with an operating cost that can withstand the cyclical lows of the vanadium market.