AVL signs MOU with gold miner Westgold for delivery of Life-of-Mine water requirements from Westgold’s mining areas
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed with Westgold Resources Limited (ASX: WGX) to co-operate on supply of Life-of-Mine (LOM) water requirements for The Australian Vanadium Project.
- AVL’s intention is to enter into a binding access agreement with Westgold within 6 months.
- Potential benefits of this MOU for water access include:
- shortening of the environmental approvals process;
- reduced groundwater and environmental impacts;
- substantial de-risking of the water volume and quality requirements and;
- the opportunity to receive funding assistance from NAIF (Northern Australian Infrastructure Fund) during construction by meeting their condition to provide community benefits.
AVL Secures Key Project Water Supply Opportunity View PDF (737 KB)