AVL signs MOU with gold miner Westgold for delivery of Life-of-Mine water requirements from Westgold’s mining areas
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed with Westgold Resources Limited (ASX: WGX) to co-operate on supply of Life-of-Mine (LOM) water requirements for The Australian Vanadium Project.
- AVL’s intention is to enter into a binding access agreement with Westgold within 6 months.
- Potential benefits of this MOU for water access include:
- shortening of the environmental approvals process;
- reduced groundwater and environmental impacts;
- substantial de-risking of the water volume and quality requirements and;
- the opportunity to receive funding assistance from NAIF (Northern Australian Infrastructure Fund) during construction by meeting their condition to provide community benefits.