Tenure significantly expanded around highly prospective Coates base metal and PGE Project.
- Australian Vanadium Ltd (ASX: AVL) expands licence holdings with tenement applications north and east of the Coates Mafic Intrusive Complex (Coates Project).
- Coates East application covers possible extensions of the Coates Project to the east.
- Coates North application lies north of Mercator Metals Pty Ltd retention licence (R70/59) which identified Platinum (Pt) and Palladium (Pd) anomalism in bottom of hole samples reported by Lithium Australia NL (ASX: LIT).
- New tenement applications significantly strengthen land holding at the Coates Project to cover 111.6km2.
- The Coates Project is located 29km SSE of the Ni-PGE discoveries by Chalice Gold Mines (ASX: CHN).
- After granting, field work will include soil geochemistry and airborne electromagnetic (EM) surveys which have proved successful in the region for exploration target generation.