Three V-Flow Tech 5kW/30kWh vanadium redox flow batteries (VRFBs) due to arrive in Perth, Western Australia for commercial and residential installations
- Three 5kW/30kWh VRFBs manufactured by AVL’s Singaporean partner V-Flow Tech have been shipped to Perth with delivery anticipated in September.
- Vanadium electrolyte required for the batteries has already been received by the VSUN Energy sales team and is awaiting installation.
- Customers include the Beverley Caravan Park, an off-grid residential customer in WA, and a test site being developed by one of WA’s energy utilities.
- VSUN Energy is leading the way in market development for VRFBs throughout Australia. Focus is on sales across a range of project sizes, from small scale rural residential customers through to large scale projects for mining, agriculture, commercial, and utility customers.
- AVL was recently awarded a $3.69M grant under the Resources Technology and Critical Minerals Processing National Manufacturing Priority Scheme to advance high purity vanadium production, construction of a commercial electrolyte plant, and manufacture of residential and stand alone power systems based on VRFB technology.