VSUN Energy’s vanadium redox flow battery (VRFB) project for IGO Limited (ASX: IGO) progresses, as unit begins international shipment to Western Australia
- First VRFB-based standalone power system (SPS) project for a mining operation in WA.
- VRFB being shipped from manufacturer E22 in Spain.
- SPS to be trialled by IGO Limited (ASX: IGO) to target 100% renewable energy to power a water bore pump.
- Mining sector offers a wide range of opportunities for fossil fuel reduction using 100% renewable energy coupled with long duration energy storage (12+ hours) using VRFB SPS configuration by VSUN Energy.
- Project partly funded by $3.69M Australian Government Modern Manufacturing Initiative Grant.
- System design, testing and implementation are being completed by VSUN Energy, 100% owned subsidiary of Australian Vanadium Limited.