AVL signs collaboration agreement for product development, vanadium pentoxide and electrolyte supply with Chinese residential vanadium redox flow battery producer
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed with Chinese vanadium redox flow battery (VRFB) manufacturer Gui Zhou Collect Energy Century Science and Technology Co Ltd, trading as CEC VRFB Co. Ltd (CEC), based in Guizhou province.
- MOU provides a framework for one or more binding agreements:
- Offtake agreement for vanadium pentoxide supply for CEC VRFBs installed in Australia and internationally;
- Electrolyte production within Australia for use in CEC VRFBs;
- Product development of CEC’s residential VRFB for the Australian market;
- 12-month exclusivity over sales of CEC’s residential VRFBs in Australia.
- Australia’s first grid-connect ready 5kW/30kWh residential VRFB ordered from CEC, due to be delivered to the Port of Fremantle in late October 2020.