Wingsing International Limited confirms interest in AVL FeTi coproduct for blast furnace application
• AVL has signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) with Wingsing International Limited (Wingsing), the commercial arm of Tianzhu Steel, for offtake of the iron titanium (FeTi) coproduct to be produced from the Australian Vanadium Project.
• Tianzhu Steel has an annual steel production of 5 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) from its mill in Hebei Province, P.R. China.
• Wingsing to support the development of the Australian Vanadium Project through LOI for 100,000 tonnes per year.
• AVL plans to produce approximately 900,000 tonnes per annum (tpa) of FeTi coproduct from the Australian Vanadium Project, in addition to approximately 11,000 tpa of vanadium pentoxide from its proposed mine and processing facility in the Mid West region of Western Australia.
• Second LOI with direct end user follows the first LOI , further validating AVL’s strategic vanadium processing plant location, close to Geraldton Port .