88-90% vanadium extraction achieved during pilot scale mechanical water leaching, advancing key final processing design elements
- Vanadium extraction from roasted pellets averaging 89% demonstrated in first part of two-stage water leach flowsheet currently being piloted.
- Final pilot phase will validate overall vanadium leach extraction achieved by Bankable Feasibility Study (BFS) flowsheet.
- Vanadium extraction from the pilot test was consistent with lab scale work and demonstrated significantly better vanadium to impurities dissolution. Overall vanadium leach extraction from the two-stage leach is anticipated to be greater than 93%.
- Unique AVL mechanical leach circuit shown to be a viable, cost effective design, maximising onshore Australian extraction of high value critical mineral vanadium products.
- Another highly successful step advancing the Company’s goal to design, build and operate the world’s next and lowest cost primary vanadium operation.
- Work conducted at ALS testing facilities in Balcatta, Perth – a research partner in AVL’s Australian Government’s Cooperative Research Centre Projects scheme entitled: “Production of 99.95% Pure Vanadium Pentoxide and Vanadium Electrolytes”.
High Vanadium Extractions Confirmed in Pellet Leach Pilot as BFS Progresses View PDF (708KB)