Bench-scale testing of pellet roast leach flowsheet achieves vanadium leach extraction up to 95.5%
- Innovative roasting testwork to simulate a Grate Kiln process indicates improved vanadium extraction.
- Beneficiation circuit concentrate representing the average first five years of forecast production is currently in transit to the Metso pyrometallurgical testing facilities in Danville, Pennsylvania, USA.
- The objective of the pilot Grate Kiln testwork is to optimise economics and define full scale process design criteria.
- The Grate Kiln is an efficient, low risk and proven technology for pelletising iron concentrates.
- AVL is adapting proven industrial technology to modify and improve the traditional vanadium salt roast processing techniques as it moves to deliver The Australian Vanadium Project near Meekatharra in Western Australia.