Production of V2O5 market samples is the final step in demonstrating the metallurgical process at pilot scale for The Australian Vanadium Project.
- High purity V2O5 averaging 99.5% produced as an end-product from sequential beneficiation, pyrometallurgy and hydrometallurgy pilot programs.
- Testwork confirms that the ammonium metavanadate precipitation process is optimal for the Australian Vanadium Project.
- Results validate exceptional product quality and finalise BFS process engineering design.
- Vanadium product is suitable as high-purity critical mineral product for defence steel alloys and the battery market.
- Work was conducted at ALS Metallurgy in Balcatta, Perth – a research partner in AVL’s Cooperative Research Centre Projects (CRC-P) scheme which is partly funded by the Australian Government.
High Purity 99.5% V₂O₅ Produced in Final Phase of Metallurgical Work for BFS View PDF (844KB)