AVL adds to its vanadium portfolio in Western Australia
- AVL has received approval of its application for exploration licence E70/4924-I over the Coates Vanadium deposit.
- The Coates Vanadium deposit is situated approximately 35km east of metropolitan Perth in the Shire of Wundowie.
- The unique geology of the Coates deposit shows vanadiferous magnetite developed in the weathering profile of an underlying gabbro in a laterite outcrop on a ridge.
- Previous metallurgical testwork produced favourable results.
- Historical mine planning was also completed although not undertaken
Coates Vanadium View PDF (422KB)