Potential byproduct containing key battery metals cobalt, nickel and copper demonstrated in metallurgical test work
- Cobalt, Nickel and Copper in a sulphide concentrate recovered from non-magnetic stream in bench-scale tests on fresh high-grade massive magnetite at Gabanintha.
- Sulphide concentrates produced from flotation containing 3.8 to 6.3% of base metals including 1.54 to 2.02% Cobalt, 1.36 to 2.58% Nickel and 0.82 to 1.70% Copper.
- Sulphide recovery circuit to be evaluated as part of the PFS processing flowsheet.
- Cobalt is a critical metal at long term high-prices due to extreme battery demand with ethical supplies highly sought after.
- Sale of a byproduct Cobalt, Nickel and Copper sulphide concentrate has potential to increase revenue at Gabanintha.
- Resource estimate on base metals currently being conducted.
- New drilling and further test work to be undertaken to fully evaluate this unique opportunity.
Cobalt Nickel Recovery View PDF (1MB)