AVL signs agreement with U.S. Vanadium LLC for high purity vanadium oxide supply and technology licence.
- AVL has signed an MOU with U.S. Vanadium LLC (USV) for the supply of vanadium oxides for vanadium electrolyte production in Australia.
- MOU includes licence for low cost USV technology to convert vanadium oxides to vanadium electrolyte for use in vanadium redox flow batteries (VRFBs).
- MOU covers exclusivity over technology licence for Australia and New Zealand.
- USV is a global leader in the production of high purity vanadium oxide products and a key vanadium battery electrolyte supplier based in the USA.
- An initial order for USV vanadium oxides has arrived in Perth for conversion and will be used in a commercial flow battery deployment.
- Under the agreement, high purity vanadium oxides can be sourced from either USV or AVL and be used to produce vanadium electrolyte for Australian battery installations.
- Agreement enables AVL to commence commercial vanadium electrolyte production ahead of planned production of its own vanadium products, leading Australian VRFB market development.
- Technology and Supply agreement complements recently awarded Australian Government grant of $3.69M to co-fund commercial vanadium electrolyte manufacturing plant development in WA.
AVL Secures Vanadium Electrolyte Manufacturing Technology View PDF (297KB)