AVL secures significant grant funding to create an Australian green fuelled vanadium industry.
- AVL has been awarded a competitive grant from the Australian Government under the Modern Manufacturing Initiative Collaboration Stream.
- The grant is for $49 million which will be used to support the development of the Australian Vanadium Project.
- The Project, supported by the grant, enables new critical mineral production through the establishment of an integrated onshore Australian vanadium supply chain for steel and battery markets.
- Vanadium redox flow battery market development including vanadium electrolyte and battery project development for downstream vanadium use.
- Collaboration with ATCO Australia for green hydrogen and Bryah Resources Limited (ASX: BYH) for recovery of nickel, copper and cobalt from the tails stream.
- The Australian Vanadium Project has Major Project Status from the Australian Government and Lead Agency Status from the Government of Western Australia.
AVL Awarded $49 Million Federal Government Manufacturing Collaboration Grant View PDF (442KB)