AVL secures grant funding to design, build and operate an Australian vanadium battery electrolyte plant and develop local vanadium redox flow battery prototypes.
- AVL has been awarded a competitive grant from the Australian Government under the Resources Technology and Critical Minerals Processing National Manufacturing Priority Grant.
- The grant is for matched funding to support AVL’s plan to:
- Include a high-purity processing circuit to produce battery, chemical and master-alloy grade vanadium pentoxide as part of the development of the Australian Vanadium Project.
- Build and operate a commercial vanadium electrolyte plant based in WA, to support the rollout of vanadium redox flow batteries (VRFBs) in Australia.
- Manufacture prototype/demonstration residential and stand-alone power systems (SPS) based on VRFB technology, for distribution into Australian energy markets.
AVL Awarded $3.69M Federal Government Manufacturing Grant View PDF (372KB)