Gabanintha Delivers High Grade Vanadium Concentrates
Posted on April 24, 2018 in Announcements
Grade and yield of magnetic concentrates sets project apart
- Ongoing metallurgical test work is being undertaken on 24 large diameter diamond core samples focusing on geometallurgical characterisation, flowsheet development and further optimization of concentrate yield and quality.
- Bench-scale magnetic separation test work on fresh and partially weathered samples of massive titaniferous magnetite material has returned excellent results with concentrate grades averaging 1.43% V2O5, 1.12% SiO2 and 2.72% Al2O3, at an average vanadium recovery greater than 90%.
- Gabanintha’s unique high vanadium grade, coarse grained, massive titaniferous magnetite, allows magnetic upgrading at relatively coarse grind size, supporting a low-energy beneficiation process.
- A prefeasibility study (PFS) of the Gabanintha Vanadium Project is underway and will focus on delivery of high specification products suitable for battery and steel markets.
- Key aspects of the PFS are being completed in parallel with the remaining metallurgical test work. These include environmental studies, native title negotiations, mining lease grant, process flow sheet development and preliminary mine modelling.
- The Company has recently appointed a leading global vanadium processing engineer to join the Project team to rapidly advance the Gabanintha project.